CFML has been around for over 18 years. However, many projects are still failing. A pile of code no one understands and everyone is scared to touch. Developers are still seen and treated as resources and companies are still outsourcing software development to cheaper places, disregarding software quality. So, what developers can do about that? How can we turn this situation around? In this talk we will be discussing what Software Craftsmanship is and how it addresses these problems. Are we really professional software developers? Do we act like professionals? Come along if you are interested to know what is to be a real software craftsman.
- What it means to be a software craftsman
- What you can do to better yourself
- What you can do to better your team
- How simple changes can make the biggest difference to your development life
- How to ensure you still have a Job in 5/10/20+ years